Date: 22 November 2016
Time: 13:30 p.m. to 16:30 p.m.
Venue: Vienna International Centre, C-building
Following the successful results achieved by the two similar events held in Vienna, the third Donor Meeting will showcase success stories of UNIDO’s recent technical cooperation projects, with a focus on their impacts and relevance in the implementation of the SDGs. The meeting featured interactive discussion sessions in which both donors and beneficiaries are invited to participate.
The meeting was not intended to be a fund-raising or pledging event. Rather, it will emphasize the contribution of UNIDO's donors, strengthen relations with the donor community, and collect first-hand feedback from donors.
It also highlighted the Organization's activities and its mission of inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID), as well as the role and benefits of working closely with the private sector, civil society and other partners in implementing the 2030 Development Agenda and the SDGs.
The third Donor Meeting was part of the weeklong event to celebrate UNIDO's 50th Anniversary under the theme “Together for a sustainable future”. The panel discussions were grouped under five themes, namely Peace, Planet, People, Partnership, and Prosperity
- “Peace” panel discussion: Migration, human security and job creation. Click to view panelists' biography
- “Partnership” panel discussion: Sustainable energy for inclusive development and climate action. Click to view panelists' biography
- “People” panel discussion: Gender equality and the empowerment of women. Click to view panelists' biography
- “Planet” panel discussion: Protecting the ozone layer and helping the climate. Click to view panelists' biography
- ”Prosperity” panel discussion: Quality and standard along the value chain for shared prosperity. Click to view panelists' biography
The session used a story-telling format.
Donor representatives, Permanent Missions, the beneficiaries of the UNIDO programmes, and special invitees and participants of the UNIDO 50th Anniversary celebrations attended the Meeting.