Market Access & Compliance for Lebanese Exports (MACLE) Project
The MACLE Project, which was formally established on March 2007, has a total budget of 2.2 Millions USD ...
... funded by Switzerland through its State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and will be implemented over a period of 3 years. The Government coordinating agency is the Ministry of Economy and Trade and UNIDO is the executing and the implementing agency. Private sector, academic and professional associations are partners in the project execution. The MACLE Project is located at UNIDO Regional Office in Beirut.
- Supporting 40 Lebanese Industrial Companies in improving their packaging and labelling requirements. Enabling them to access new markets
- Organizing 10 Training & workshops on packaging & labelling, 6 study tours organized in the field of packaging and labelling and traceability.
- Conducting Main Studies on the GAP Analysis of Packaging & Labelling in Lebanon
- Identification of GMP/GHP Gaps for Tahina & Halawa factories and selecting 4 factories to be supported by the project.
- Organizing 4 GMP GHP workshops in different regions of Lebanon
- Preparing a feasibility study for the Lebanese Packaging Center (ALI will host the center); it is expected to launch the center by January 2009.
- Preparing list of equipments for metrology and for testing equipments for packaging.
- Reviewing the Lebanese Standards on Packaging & Labelling.