Information, statistical systems and networks in Morocco
The "set up and mastering the information and statistical systems and networks in Morocco", component 3 of the IMP relating to the industrial sector, was implemented thanks to a funding from the cooperation of South Korea of USD 150 000, covering an execution period of 4 years (2004 – Dec 2008).
The National Network of the Moroccan Industrial information (RNIIM) has been put in place by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and New Technologies, with the assistance of UNIDO. This project aims at providing the country of Morocco with an informative platform in the field of industry, technology and to bring support to the enterprises towards improving the competitiveness of the enterprises involved in the sector.
Mission of the RNIIM
The National network of the Moroccan Industrial Information aims at modernising the industrial information systems of different institutions, providing them with production and diffusion information mechanisms and thereby supporting the decision-making process and the industrial governance. The uppermost aim of the RNIIM is to enable the country to benefit from an integrated political and industrial governance system becoming essential in the new globalisation context.
The RNIIM intends to bring support to the country in mastering new informative and communication technologies, to improve and reinforce existing structures and to put in place new modern informative tools in favour of the dynamism of industrial activities.
- To represent an important catalyst for the new industrial policy in Morocco, part of the priorities of the country aiming at modernising the information gathering system, the processing and availability of information, to ensure an efficient management of the national industrial competitiveness;
- To unite the different industrial information production centres in the framework of an exchange network which makes use of the best up-to-date technologies in order to consolidate the conditions of security and reliability and therefore used as a reference model;
- To benefit from the unity of the future network platform to develop the competitiveness of different protagonists through important services bringing a communicational, promotional, transactional and decisional value chain;
- To reinforce the capabilities of a number of structures managing the industrial information and to facilitate its availability and processing in electronic format;
- To create an effective joint organisational environment between the different operators as informational architecture which facilitates the evaluation of the interactions and connections between the private and public sectors ;
- To create a synergy which brings together the administration and the private sector through the use of new technologies in order to lay the foundations of an open economy and essential for the development of the country;
- To strengthen the position of informative nodal points as future reference centers in the field of their respective competencies.
The establishment of the RNIIM portal is one of the most important achievements of the project. This website is accessible at www.entreprise.ma and has been improved on many occasions:
- Conception of a visual house-style book for the portal;Recording of a logo with OMPIC;
- Review of the website’s content and establishment of links to partners websites;
- Development of an up-to-date manual for the content.
In the framework of future developments of the RNIIM for the PIM II, it is foreseen to follow up on a continuous development of the links and synergies between the PIM II and the RNIIM, to consolidate the partnership with the nodal point through the set-up of clear and identified actions and to develop added value services.