The UNIDO Desk in Armenia helps to promote UNIDO activities in the following areas:
- Private sector development, with an emphasis on export consortia and corporate social responsibility.
- Strengthening the Armenian Development Agency’s ability to explore business partnerships and investment opportunities, in cooperation with Belgium’s Walloon region.
- Promoting the participation of poor/vulnerable rural households in the Katayk and Gegarkunik regions in economic and community life. The project will specifically focus on youth and female-headed households and aims to create 200 start-ups. These groups will also benefit from better access to renewable energy.
- Cleaner production in the mining, chemicals and food processing sectors, building on earlier UNIDO efforts which led to the establishment of a National Cleaner Production Centre. Creating capacities for the implementation of national action plans for the identification, labeling and environmentally sound disposal of persistent organic pollutants (POPs), as required under the Stockholm Convention on POPs.
- Strengthening of Armenia’s National Ozone Unit to help the country meet its targets under the Montreal Protocol.
UNIDO Desk in Yerevan, Armenia
Head: Ms. Anahit Simonyan