The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is seeking evaluation consultants
The Evaluation Group
The Evaluation Group (ODG/EVA) is responsible for the independent evaluation function of UNIDO in support to lesson learning and accountability. Evaluation is an assessment, as systematic and impartial as possible of a project, a programme or a theme. An independent evaluation provides evidence-based information that is credible, reliable and useful, enabling the timely incorporation of findings, recommendations and lessons learned into the decisionmaking processes at corporate, programme and project level.
For information on the Evaluation Group, its activities and products, please go here
Who are we looking for?
The Evaluation Group has a continuing programme of evaluations for which suitable evaluation consultants are sought. Some of these assignments are Vienna-based and others involve missions to partner countries. Almost all evaluations require extensive travel. Please note that our consultant requirements are continuously changing. The assignment duration is variable, but generally ranges from one month to two months.
- Ability to write analytical, clear and concise reports;
- Fluency in written and oral English, French or Spanish;
- Excellent communication skills and social competence including cultural sensitivity;
- Willingness to undertake extensive duty travel, including in hardship situations;
- The highest standard of evaluation principles as stipulated in the UNIDO Evaluation Policy have to be met and followed.
Essential technical skills and experience:
• Sound knowledge of evaluation standards, methods and terminology;
• Experience of evaluation of programmes and projects related to industrial development in developing countries and at global level;
• Work experience in developing countries;
• Academic qualifications relevant to the evaluation subject (e.g. natural sciences, economics, rural development, or the social sciences);
• Managerial capability in case of a team leader position.