2013 October 29
2013 October 31
6th Hydro Power for Today Forum and the 3rd Technical Workshop of the Observatory for Renewable Energy in Latin America
The Observatory for Renewable Energy in Latin America and the Caribbean of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), along with the International Centre on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP), from China, and the National Reference Centre in Small Hydropower (CERPCH), from Brazil are jointly organizing the 6th Hydro Power for Today Forum and the 3rd Technical Workshop of the Observatory for Renewable Energy in Latin America and the Caribbean, to be held on 29, 30 and 31 October 2013 in Campinas, SP, Brazil.
The conferences events will be carried out alongside the 1st Latin American Hydro Power and Systems Meeting. In this respect, key policy makers, academics, technical experts from the public and private sectors as well as civil society representatives will be gathered at the same location for a global dialogue on the development and growth of hydropower technologies.
Attendees will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of several issues related to small hydropower technology development. The following panels will be conducted:
- Small hydro-power engineering: room for green innovation. Small Hydro power generation and local participation.
- Appropriate regulatory frameworks to foster small hydropower
- Financial opportunities at the local, national and global levels for SHP deployment.
- Design of an SHP: Analytics-based methods for evaluating small hydropower potential.
- Micro Hydro Power: Off-grid solutions for isolated areas.