International Conference Hall （14th floor） of Chengxin Building, University of International Business and Economics （UIBE）
UNIDO, School of International Trade and Economics (UIBE)
Launch of Industrial Development Report 2016 in China
Under what conditions can technology trigger structural transformation in developing countries, bringing the possibility of long-term sustainable growth and inclusiveness, while at the same time avoiding environmental degradation?
This is the difficult question addressed in the flagship publication entitled "The Role of Technology and Innovation in Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development", of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization （UNIDO）.
The Industrial Development Report 2016 will be released for the first time in China at the University of International Business and Economics, Beijing.
Welcome remarks and introduction by:
- Dr. WANG Jiaqiong, Professor of Economics and President of UIBE
- Mr. Ralph BREDEL, UNIDO Representative in China
- Dr. WANG Yi, Professor of CAS and Deputy to National People's Congress of China
- Dr. DAI Yande, Professor and Director of the Energy Research Institute, NDRC
- Dr. Nicola Cantore, Industrial Development Officer, UNIDO. Topic: "The IDR 2016 findings in the context of inclusive and sustainable industrial development"
- Dr. Nobuya Haraguchi UNIDO. Topic: “Structural change and ISID”
- Dr. Alejandro Lavopa, UNIDO. Topic: “Structural change and Social Inclusiveness”
- Dr. XUE Jinjun, Professor of Economics and Director of GlobalInstitute for Low-carbon Economy, UIBE. Topic: “Global income inequality and carbon footprint-an perspective of GVC and inclusive trade”
The meeting language is English.
For more information and registry for participation, please go here