On the sidelines of the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly in Malta
UNIDO, Global Africa and African Diaspora Network Europe
Lunch panel discussion on "Industrialization and Investment in Africa"
UNIDO, Global Africa and the African Diaspora Network in Europe, with the support of the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the EU, are please to invite you to a lunch panel discussion on: "Industrialization and Investment in Africa".
The panel discussion in Malta on 19 June will be an opportunity to discuss the best avenues to mutualize efforts of different partners to accelerate the African industrialization agenda by promoting sustainable investments, increasing local processing of natural resources, promoting private sector development while supporting African enterprises and their integration.
Welcome Address by:
- Louis Michel - Co-President of ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
- Memounatou Ibrahima - Co-President and interim of the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
Opening Address by:
- Marie- Louise Coleiro Preca - President of Malta
- Ambassador Teshome Tome Chanaka - Chairman of the ACP Committee of Ambassadors
- Ambassador Georg Schmidt - Representative of the German Government
- Christophe Yvetot - UNIDO's Representative to the European Union and ACP Secretariat
- Cecile Kashetu Kyenge - Member of the European Parliament, Vice-Chair the ACP-EU JPA
- Pim van Ballekom - Vice-President, European Investment Bank
- Kristin de Peyron - Head of Pan-African Division, European External Action Service
- Marie Chantal Uwitonze - President, African Diaspora Network Europe (ADNE)
- Joseph Woods - Global Africa
For more information about the event, please click here.