2016 Nov. 11 05:00 AM
2016 Nov. 11 06:00 AM
Salle 2, Africa Pavilion, Marrakech, Morocco
UNIDO side event at COP22: Accelerating investment for low carbon climate resilient projects in Africa
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN), hosted by UNIDO in collaboration with REEEP, plays a unique role in the low carbon, climate resilient field and meets the need to address barriers to climate finance at the SME level in developing countries. The side event represents an opportunity for thought leaders to exchange views and experience on issues pertaining to facilitating investment in low carbon, climate resilient projects and businesses in Africa. The discussion will focus on ways and means to scale up efforts in meeting the climate commitments of the countries in the region.
In particular, the deliberations during the side event are expected to shed light on the following issues:
1. Current trends, opportunities and challenges in facilitating scaled-up investment for low carbon, climate resilient projects and business in Africa;
2. Lessons learned from two decades of efforts on technology transfer promotion;
3. Possible pathways for PFAN to work with partners in addressing current and future needs to support fulfilment of the Paris Agreement and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Joao Duarte Cunha, Head of SEFA Secretariat, African Development Bank
- Mahama Kappiah, Executive Director, ECOWAS Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Martin Hiller, Director General, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership
- Collin Green, Global Climate Change Office, USAID
- Patrick Nussbaumer, United Nations Industrial Development Organization