What is PPM?
The Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) system has been implemented under Release 1 of the ERP implementation and was rolled out to all staff in January 2012. The PPM system enables UNIDO to manage and monitor all project activities across the entire Organization, allowing for information access through one single platform by all stakeholders. It enables the Organization to better align its activities with its strategic goals, to increase the operational efficiency and to achieve better, faster and more cost-effective results. The PPM system which fully supports the TC project cycle brings the following benefits:
- Improved Results-Based Management (RBM)
- Standardized formulation of results and indicators
- New RBM-based Logframe
- Improved Reporting on Results
- Transparency of UNIDO's activities
- View of the full country portfolio, funding, pipeline and implementation status
- Donors and Member States will have access to selected information
- Empowerment of field staff: full access to all stages of the project cycle
- Systematic Risk Management for projects
- Easy Monitoring of real time information via dashboards and online reports
- Communication, knowledge sharing and teamwork
The PPM system supports all stages of the project cycle, which includes several steps. First, ideas/requests are collected from all stakeholders at a broad scale, which are standardized to enable an informed selection of the projects. After the detailed project planning and design, the project is implemented. After the implementation, the project is assessed and the lessons learnt feed back into the first phase. Monitoring, knowledge sharing, results-based management, risk management are supported during all steps and at all levels of the implementation.