Men as Champions of Gender Equality
When: 7 March 2019, 11:30 to 13:00 (CET)
Where: Vienna International Centre, C Building, 2nd floor, Room C1
Join us for the event "Men as Champions of Gender Equality" to mark International Women’s Day 2019 and find out more about how men can play an active role in promoting gender equality.
International Gender Champions and Heads of the Vienna-based United Nations organizations will be present.
- Ambassador Andrej Benedejčič, Permanent Representative of Slovenia
- Yury Fedotov, Director-General of UNOV/Executive Director of UNODC
- LI Yong, Director General of UNIDO
- Lassina Zerbo, Executive Secretary of CTBTO
- Ambassador Brendon Charles Hammer, Permanent Representative of Australia
- Ambassador Alicia Guadalupe Buenrostro Massieu, Permanent Representative of Mexico
The event will also feature Matt Wallaert as a guest speaker on the topic: "How does achieving gender equality benefit men and women?". Wallaert is a renowned behavioural scientist and he will speak about the micro-behaviours that hamper or promote gender equality in organizations.
Men and women are cordially invited to attend the event. For those who are unable to join in person, the event will be livestreamed on this page on the day of the event. You can also engage on social media via @UNIDO using #WomensDay #INTGenderChampions.
The event is a joint initiative of the Gender Focal Points of CTBTO, IAEA, UNIDO, UNODC/UNOV and the Focal Points for Women from UNODC/UNOV.