VIENNA, 13 March 2018 - The 7th meeting of the Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) will be held from 9-12 April 2018 at the Vienna International Centre.
There will be a meeting to be attended only by members of the IAEG-SDGs on 9 April and a plenary session, from 10-12 April, to which international agencies, non-IAEG member countries and other stakeholders are also invited.
The IAEG-SDGs was established by the United Nations Statistical Commission in March 2015 to develop an indicator framework for the monitoring of the Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the global level, and to support its implementation.
The global indicator framework was agreed upon at the 48th session of the United Nations Statistical Commission held in March 2017, and was subsequently adopted by the General Assembly on 6 July 2017. It is contained in the Resolution adopted by the General Assembly on Work of the Statistical Commission pertaining to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (A/RES/71/313).
The April 2018 meeting has the following objectives:
- Review the tier classification
- Discuss the implementation of the guidelines on data flows and global data reporting and the development of a document on best practices in global data reporting
- Review proposals for additional indicators
- Discuss progress made on the work stream on data disaggregation
- Share experiences on implementing monitoring of the SDGs
The documents for the meeting are available here.
Find out more about the meeting here.