Internship in Advocacy and Media Relations
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, in the Cover Letter section, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Advocacy and Media Relations Division (AMR) is responsible for enhancing UNIDO’s visibility and strengthen the Organization’s position within the international development system via targeted and strategic advocacy and communication measures. AMR promotes UNIDO’s role and achievement of the ISID mandate and contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular SDG-9. It also draws on all relevant public information and advocacy techniques, engages proactively with the international media, produces strategic communication material, including multimedia and works to effectively position UNIDO on the internet, and on social media, and at high-profile international events. AMR is also responsible for developing and implementing UNIDO’s corporate communications and media relations strategy.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Advocacy and Media Relations Coordinator or the External Relations Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Receive training on the development of targeted advocacy campaigns highlighting UNIDO’s relevance in the context of specific events, such as conferences, fairs and exhibitions, or specific themes of topical interest; identify, brief and liaise with specialized media communications and public relations companies in the context of such campaigns;
2. Assist in the dissemination of messages through a variety of promotional means, including multimedia platforms, press releases, advertising displays, direct mail materials, newsletters, publications, and web pages;
3. Assist in the dissemination of the results of UNIDO’s technical cooperation, strategic research, normative and convening activities;
4. Provide logistical support to high-profile global and regional UNIDO conferences;
5. Conduct research, draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Journalism and Communication or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Familiarity with photographic and audio-visual equipment as well as photo-editing and video-editing software desired.
d.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
e.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here