Internship in the Department of Energy
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Department of Energy assists member countries in the transition to a sustainable energy future under the overarching mandate of inclusive and sustainable industrial development, through the application of renewable energy for productive uses, adoption of the efficient use of energy by industry and the introduction of low carbon technologies and processes. In transitioning to a sustainable energy future, the challenges of addressing energy poverty and climate change become an integral part of the Department's activities.
The main strategic focus areas of the Department are: first, to provide integrated energy solutions to industry by promoting energy efficiency; secondly, to deliver renewable energy technologies as well as enhancing access to energy to promote productive activities as a major contribution to reducing rural poverty; and thirdly, to champion industrial energy perspectives in the global debates about sustainable industrial development and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Unit/Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Research the capacity of public and private-sector support institutions to assist enterprises become more energy efficient, primarily through the adoption of energy management systems and meet their energy demand with renewable sources of energy;
2. Study the transfer of appropriate technology and training, tools and methodologies to rural communities so that they can create affordable and reliable energy services;
3. Research how countries elaborate coherent policies and institutional frameworks conducive for an environmentally sustainable use of energy by their industrial sector;
4. Draft reports and performing other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Energy and Engineering or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here