Internship in Internal Oversight - Internal Auditing
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Reporting directly to the Director General, the Office of Internal Oversight and Ethics (IOE) is responsible for carrying out proactive and systematic audits and reviews of all operations of the organization in order to provide an independent and objective assessment of the rationale, adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of management control systems, policies, regulations, rules, procedures, administrative instructions, processes and systems. In doing so, the Office assists the Director General and managers at all levels to optimise the use of the resources available and provides inputs for improving controls. The Office of Internal Oversight Services is guided by its Charter.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director, IOE and the direct supervision of an Auditor, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Assist in conducting mid-level complexity audits/reviews according to IOE work plan and/or as required by UNIDO’s management, with a view to assessing the soundness of management practices, internal control framework, risk management, as well as compliance with rules, regulations and any other applicable instructions.
2. Conduct documentary review; assist in performing analytical review of financial and non-financial data supporting the objectives of on-going audits.
3. Draft memorandum audit working papers for communication and documentation in the context of on-going audits.
a.) Academic background: Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
d.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
e.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here