Internship in Internal Oversight - Investigation Function
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Reporting directly to the Director General, the Office of Internal Oversight and Ethics (IOE), is the entity responsible to assess and improve the internal control framework and governance processes of the Organization. IOE activities consist of internal auditing (assurance and advisory services) and examination of alleged wrongdoings (prevention, detection and investigative services). The mandate of IOE covers all systems, processes, operations, functions and activities of UNIDO. Examination of alleged wrongdoing, includes investigation of specific allegations, with a view to safeguarding the Organization’s interests and ensuring accountability, and assisting in the detection and prevention of fraud and other financial irregularities. The investigation function contributes to promoting of an ethical work environment, free of harassment, fraud or other wrongdoing.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director, IOE, and the direct supervision of the Investigator, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Screen and conducts preliminary survey of alleged wrongdoing reports; research and compile background information; research relevant norms and identify possible violations; draft preliminary inquiry reports.
2. Assist in conducting investigation activities, including reviewing documentary evidence, collecting open source intelligence and preparing interview records.
3. Assist in performing analytic review of financial and non-financial data in view detecting possible fraud indicators.
4. Draft fraud awareness communication in view of diffusion to UNIDO personnel at large.
a.) Academic background: Law, Criminology, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here