Internship in Legal Affairs
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Reporting directly to the Director General, the Office of Legal Affairs assists the Organization in achieving its goals by ensuring that all its activities and programmes are in accordance with the external and internal aspects of the Organization’s legal framework. The core function of the Office consists in the provision of sound and impartial legal advice and expert legal assistance in order to promote and develop the rule of law in all aspects of UNIDO’s activities, as well as to defend the Organization’s rights, positions and interests in contractual or litigation matters.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Legal Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Review draft international agreements, contracts and technical assistance projects;
2. Review draft decisions, resolutions and other documents of the governing bodies;
3. Review drafts rules of procedure, headquarters agreements and conference agreements with host governments;
4. Conduct research in cases brought before the Administrative Tribunals of the International Labour Organization and in other claims against UNIDO;
5. Review legal issues that arise in the course of activities of all offices of the Organization, both at UNIDO Headquarters and in the field.
6. Draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Law.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here