Internship in Evaluation
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Independent Evaluation Division is responsible for the independent evaluation function of UNIDO in support of lesson learning and accountability, and provides factual information about result and practices that feed into the programmatic and strategic decision-making processes. Evaluation is an assessment, as systematic and impartial as possible, of a programme, a project or a theme. Independent evaluations provide evidence-based information that is credible, reliable and useful, enabling the timely incorporation of findings, recommendations and lessons learned into the decision-making processes at organization-wide, programme and project level.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Division Chief/Evaluation Officer, the intern will:
1. Research independent evaluations to determine the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of technical cooperation programmes and projects;
2. Research independent evaluations of global forum activities to determine their relevance and effectiveness;
3. Research strategic and thematic evaluations on cross-programmatic or institutional issues;
4. Assist in the development of evaluation guidelines as well as methodological and training tools to support managers at UNIDO Headquarters and in the field with a view to ensuring that established quality standards are met in the whole technical cooperation cycle, with particular emphasis on evaluation and results management;
5. Draft reports on evaluation for submission to the policymaking organs;
6. Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Project Management, Business Administration or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here