Internship in Agri-Business Development
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Department of Agri-Business Development provides a range of technical cooperation services to assist developing countries add value to the output of their agricultural sector and generate employment opportunities in off-farm activities for rural communities, thereby contributing to increased food security and a sustainable reduction of poverty. The conceptual framework is that of agribusiness value chains: comprehensive analyses offer a rigorous base for the deployment of specialized services targeting the weaker links of the chain: agricultural mechanization, modern processing technologies, packaging of perishable products, the promotion of food safety in the processing and regulatory environment; and interventions to improve competitiveness and productivity.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Unit/Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Research the technical cooperation and capacity-building services to agro-based and agrorelated businesses and industries, inter alia, in the food, leather, textiles, wood and agricultural equipment sectors;
2. Study the development of agro-industries in rural areas and contribute to poverty reduction;
3. Research the promotion of investment in agribusiness and value chain development;
4. Assist in various global forum activities, including expert group meetings in related fields and the publication of specialized training manuals, guides and electronic media;
5. Performing other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Agricultural Sciences or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here