Internship in Gender Mainstreaming
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: minimum 6 months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Office for Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women of UNIDO is responsible for promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women within the Organization, including the systematic gender mainstreaming of all policies, programmes and organizational practices. Under the overall direction of the Gender Mainstreaming Steering Board and the supervision of the Director of the Department of Human Resources Management, the Office is responsible for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of UNIDO’s policy and strategy on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The Office also manages the gender focal points network, comprising of staff at headquarters and field offices. Furthermore, the Office identifies best practices in gender mainstreaming, reviews projects from a gender perspective, provides guidance and gender related training for staff, and serves as UNIDO’s focal point for gender equality and women’s empowerment within the UN system.
Tasks: Under the supervision of the Gender Coordinator, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Conduct background research on gender and industrial and development issues, in specific countries as required, assist in the preparation of policy and country briefing notes.
2. Identify and research gender mainstreaming practices in international institutions, governments and private sector.
3. Assist in the preparation and design of knowledge products and advocacy materials, brochures, newsletters etc.
4. Assist in monitoring the gender mainstreaming of technical cooperation projects.
5. Help organize events, gender focal point meetings and trainings.
6. Update reference library and intranet resources, and perform other administrative tasks as required.
a.) Academic background: gender studies or social studies, economics, business administration or international development with a gender focus.
b.) Computer literacy: Required proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet. Graphic design skills are considered an asset.
c.) Excellent report writing skills.
d.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
e.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here