Internship in Trade, Investment and Innovation
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Department of Trade, Investment and Innovation supports countries in their efforts to develop through trade, investment and innovation the potential of the manufacturing sector to drive socio-economic progress.
The Department of Trade, Investment and Innovation is responsible for assisting countries to strengthen competitiveness in global markets through capacity-building in quality, environmental sustainability, and social accountability requirements in accordance with international management system standards and private sector requirements. It supports the establishment of linkages between producers/processors in developing countries and local, regional and global value chains (retailer, manufacturers) by developing capacities in the area of product quality.
The Department provides technical cooperation and capacity-building services to enhance the contribution of the private sector to ISID. It enables investment, supports science, technology and innovation and facilitates access to appropriate sustainable technologies for developing countries. The Department promotes the upgrading of industrial enterprises and supports their integration into national and global value chains through business linkages fostering sustainable sourcing.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Unit/Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Research the support for governments in improving the general business environment for private sector development, investment, technology and innovation;
2. Research the support for private and public institutions that promote private sector development and responsible investment, and establish mechanisms for the promotion of sustainable business alliances;
3. Study linkages among enterprises and between enterprises and institutions, including linkages between large corporations and SMEs towards their sustainable integration into national and global value chains;
4. Analyze the capacities of developing countries and the ways to upgrade, develop enterprises and support institutions and improve competitiveness of industries;
5. Assist in the coordination the activities of the international network of Investment and Technology Promotion Offices (ITPOs) with UNIDO programmes, projects and field operations to facilitate responsible business partnerships and scale up development impact;
6. Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Business Administration, Technology or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here