Industrial Development Report 2020
Industrial Development Report 2020. Industrializing in the digital age
The emergence and diffusion of advanced digital production (ADP) technologies clustered around the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) is radically altering the nature of manufacturing production, increasingly blurring the boundaries between physical and digital production systems. The significant requirements of ADP technologies are opening questions on whether industrialization is still a feasible or even a desirable strategy to achieve economic development. IDR 2020 contributes to this debate by presenting fresh analytical and empirical evidence on the future of industrialization in the context of a technological paradigm shift. It argues that industrialization continues to be the main avenue for successful development and analyses how developing counties can leverage the salient features of the emerging technologies to their advantage. According to the report, it is precisely by engaging with industrialization that countries can build and strengthen the skills and capabilities needed to compete and succeed within the new technological paradigm.
- Arabic - PDF / E-book
- Chinese - PDF / E-book
- English - PDF / E-book
- French - PDF / E-book
- Japanese - PDF / E-book
- Russian - PDF / E-book
- Spanish - PDF / E-book
The e-books can be opened on mobile devices and tablets with an EPUB file reader.
IDR 2020 Briefs
- IDR Brief No. 1 - From new technologies to industrial development… and back
- IDR Brief No. 2 - Industrialization in the digital age: more important than ever
IDR 2020 Case Studies
- Download Booklet: Absorbing Advanced Digital Production Technologies to Foster Industrialization. Evidence from Case Studies in Developing Countries
IDR 2020 Background Papers
Take a look at the IDR 2020 Background Papers here.
IDR 2020 Launch Events
- November 2019 – UNIDO General Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- November 2019 – Second China International Import Expo, Shanghai, China
Order No.: ID/449
Price: 40.00 Euro
For questions related to the Report, please contact: IDR2020@unido.org