Policy for Industrial Development
Duration: Varied from several days to several months
Duty Station: Home-based, and/or at UNIDO Headquarters and/or in the field around the world
Organizational Context: UNIDO is mandated, amongst a variety of other functions, to provide strategic policy advice aimed at accelerating industrial development and competitiveness of developing countries. UNIDO also supports developing countries in the design and implementation of policies that aim at expanding and diversifying their productive capacity, and advocates for sustainable industrialization strategies at the global and regional level.
Tasks: Under the direct supervision of the respective UNIDO Project Managers at HQ and/or in UNIDO Regional/Field Office, the Consultant will perform one or several of the following tasks:
1. Perform analytical, diagnostic and assessment activities for the purpose of project identification, implementation or evaluation, as the case might be
2. Deliver advisory, consulting, methodological, capacity building, evaluation and/or other specific professional services pertaining to the accomplishment of the project’s outputs as per the respective specific Terms of reference
3. Prepare, design, hold and/or oversee workshops, briefing and debriefing sessions, field visits, trainings and other project events
4. Facilitate project advocacy including but not limited to liaison with project’s government counterparts, partner UN agencies and other project stakeholders to ensure smooth project identification, implementation or evaluation
5. Monitor overall project progress, fine-tune project strategy, activities or operation, as well as perform overall project supervision and administration over financial and manpower resources
6. Develop clear and concise inception, periodic, final, strategy, assessment, identification, planning, mission, training or ad hoc reporting frameworks and/or specific reports in relation to project activities, and maintain accurate project documentation.
Against this background, UNIDO is soliciting applications from highly qualified national and international individuals, in order to expand its Roster of consultants and enhance its capacity to respond quickly to demand for specific technical assistance.
a.) Education: Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in a relevant field
b.) Experience: Relevant progressive practical experience at professional level acquired through work in a respective industry, central or local government, academia, non-governmental or professional services sector. Proven experience in one or more of the following areas: industrial policy; industrial development; industrial productivity; benchmarking and analysis of industrial performance and capabilities; strategies and policies for industrial growth and development; innovation; science & technology applied to industrial development; industrial knowledge; economic and policy assessment at manufacturing and industry level and project scale-up / multiplication, or an associated field. Prior experience in technical cooperation / technical assistance in developing countries is a distinct advantage
c.) Language skills: Fluency in English, working knowledge of the other UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and/or Spanish) is an asset.
Further details on the duration, duty station, organizational context and qualification requirements may and will be provided to one or more preselected consultants for a specific assignment at the discretion of UNIDO responsible staff.
Registration into the Roster does not constitute in any form a commitment on the part of UNIDO for taking a particular application into consideration in the recruitment process for a specific vacancy.
For inclusion into the Roster of Consultants with expertise in Policy for Industrial Development Apply Here