Internship in Finance
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Department of Finance enables the Organization to achieve its business and strategic goals through the provision of financial services, including financial control functions at UNIDO Headquarters and in the field. Aiming to ensure and maintain the financial integrity of the Organization, the Department develops, maintains and operates policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective management of financial resources at the disposal of the Organization.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Unit/Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Study the work and functions of the Department of Finance;
2. Acquaint himself/herself with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
3. Receive training on the calculation and processing of claims;
4. Review and update accrual records for goods and services received for the financial year;
5. Conduct research, draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Finance or Accounting.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity.
d.) Core competencies: results orientation and accountability; planning and organizing; communication and trust; team orientation; client orientation; organizational development and innovation.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here