Internship in Procurement and Logistics
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Department of Operational Support Services is responsible for providing diverse services in support of all UNIDO activities, both at headquarters and in the field, comprising procurement of goods, works and services; communications, inventory and records management, archives and registry; and travel, visa, transportation and shipment services. The Department is also responsible for providing Buildings Management Services, for the benefit of all Vienna Based Organizations (VBOs) including administration of the Common Fund for Major Repairs and Replacement as well as Catering Operations. In carrying out these activities, the Department actively supports the implementation of UNIDO’s programmes and projects towards the achievement of the ISID mandate and SDG targets.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Industrial Development Officer, the intern will:
1. Study the development of policies, manuals and guidelines for the efficient and effective delivery of value-added management and administrative support services for consideration by the Managing Director, taking into account best practices;
2. Research the provision of management responses to audit observations;
3. Research the cooperation with other VBOs and relevant organizational units as well as external stakeholders with a view to harmonizing and exchanging information to enhancing support service delivery;
4. Draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity.
d.) Core competencies: results orientation and accountability; planning and organizing; communication and trust; team orientation; client orientation; organizational development and innovation.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here