Internship in Information Technologies
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact email@example.com
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: The Technology and Information Systems Division is responsible for providing efficient and effective Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT systems to implement UNIDO’s strategic objectives and achievement of the ISID mandate. Additionally, to ensure continuous improvements and optimizing of processes to ensure fully functioning ERP and IT Systems which contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Organization and increasing transparency. Furthermore, responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing Knowledge Management and Collaboration (KMC) solutions, thus contributing to improving knowledge sharing and teamwork.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Work with relevant staff to update the ICT Intranet contents, drafting ICT related communications and
2. Support various ERP development projects to improve the overall quality of UNIDO ERP system;
3. Be exposed to the regular core functions of the Division and as such shall have the opportunity to observe the day to day operations and engage in on-the-job training in specific actions delegated by the Supervisor;
4. Support IT/SAP Help Desk and under supervision, proactively follow up on outstanding issues/tickets;
5. Draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Computer Science.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity.
d.) Core competencies: results orientation and accountability; planning and organizing; communication and trust; team orientation; client orientation; organizational development and innovation.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here