Internship in Research and Statistics
Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
It is essential that all mandatory fields on the online Personal History Form (PHF) are completed, as failure to complete the Form would prevent the extraction of your details. In your PHF, kindly ensure to state your period of availability for this internship.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Under the overall direction of the Managing Director and working in close collaboration with all organizational units within UNIDO, the Department of Policy Research and Statistics increases understanding of development policies and programs by providing intellectual leadership and analytical services to UNIDO and the wider development community. The Department develops and provides policy advice to Member States, based on evidence emerging from thematic, regional, country and sectoral analyses of industrial development and processes of structural change. In close cooperation with other relevant organizational units and knowledge institutions around the world, the Department develops UNIDO’s research programme, advocates inclusive and sustainable industrial development as the main approach to create employment, reduce poverty and combat climate change, forges strategic partnerships to enhance UNIDO’s own expertise, and strengthens the capacity of Member States in related areas. The Department comprises three entities; the Research and Industrial Policy Advice Division, the Statistics Division and the UNIDO Institute for Capacity Development.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Branch Director and the direct supervision of the Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Carry out thematic and regional research and analysis to support UNIDO’s programme development and to inform policy decisions taken by the Organization;
2. Conduct research on the determinants of industrialization, monitor and forecast industrial development trends at the international, regional and country levels;
3. Assist in the development of worldwide structural industrial statistics and the development new indicators of industrial development and provide technical inputs to the international statistical community;
4. Conduct research, draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Statistics, Econometrics, Economics or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), is required, working knowledge of SPSS, STATA, EViews and/or gretl is desired.
c.) Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity.
d.) Core competencies: results orientation and accountability; planning and organizing; communication and trust; team orientation; client orientation; organizational development and innovation.
How do I make sure my application is complete?
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment / certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here