Please read the General Information and Conditions very carefully, as incomplete applications cannot be considered.
Please note that this page may not display correctly if you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Opera as your browser. Kindly use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to open this page. In case of problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 3-6 working months
Duty Station: UNIDO Headquarters in Vienna
Organizational Context: Reporting directly to the Director-General, the Office of Legal Affairs assists the Organization in achieving its goals by ensuring that all its activities and programmes are in accordance with the external and internal aspects of the Organization’s legal framework. The core function of the Office consists in the provision of sound and impartial legal advice and expert legal assistance in order to promote and develop the rule of law in all aspects of UNIDO’s activities, as well as to defend the Organization’s rights, positions and interests in contractual or litigation matters.
Tasks: Under the overall guidance of the Director and the direct supervision of the Legal Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Review draft international agreements, contracts and technical assistance projects;
2. Review draft decisions, resolutions and other documents of the governing bodies;
3. Review drafts rules of procedure, headquarters agreements and conference agreements with host governments;
4. Conduct research in cases brought before the Administrative Tribunals of the International Labour Organization and in other claims against UNIDO;
5. Review legal issues that arise in the course of activities of all offices of the Organization, both at UNIDO Headquarters and in the field.
6. Draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Minimum academic background and/or field of specialisation required: first-level university degree in Law and enrolment in a higher-level university programme.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
c.) Language skills: Fluency in English required, good knowledge of another official UN working language desirable.
d.) Core values: integrity; professionalism; respect for diversity.
e.) Core competencies: results orientation and accountability; planning and organizing; communication and trust; team orientation; client orientation; organizational development and innovation.
Interested candidates are invited to Apply Here