Financial Analysis of Investment Project Scenarios with application of COMFAR III Expert software
Training Workshop, Vienna, 4 to 8 November 2013. Beginners Level
A 5-day Training Workshop will present the internationally accepted UNIDO methodologies and tools for project formulation and appraisal including COMFAR III Expert (Computer Model for Feasibility Analysis and Reporting). COMFAR facilitates the fast computation of financial statements needed for financial and economic appraisal of investment projects. It can be used for small- to large-scale projects, expansion, rehabilitation and modernization of existing enterprises and joint ventures.
The workshop has the following objectives:
- Introduce concepts, methodologies and tools of financial analysis and appraisal.
- Acquaint with backbone modules of financial part of COMFAR III Expert.
- Analyze selected cases and practice their modeling and design in COMFAR III Expert.
- Practice the use of various analytical tools and software features, i.e.: sensitivity and parametric analysis, break-even analysis, internal rate of return, net present value, incremental analysis etc.
- Discuss practical application of UNIDO methodologies and tools and exchange experience with workshop colleagues and UNIDO experts.
- Present UNIDO’s Technical Cooperation activities (individual meetings with UNIDO officers arranged on request).
The workshop covers the analytical framework of UNIDO’s methodology and tools for project preparation and appraisal necessary to design analyze and optimize investment project scenarios.
This is a beginner's workshop recommended for participants involved in identification, formulation, evaluation and promotion of investment projects regardless their professional/educational background.
The workshop provides practical training in financial evaluation of the investment proposals with application of COMFAR III Expert at the beginner's level.
The workshop program includes among others:
- Introduction to UNIDO methodology on project preparation and appraisal, including COMFAR III Expert, its graphical user interface and definition of data input as well as results: reports, tables and graphs.
- Definition of time structure, planning horizon, products or services, nominal capacities, sales and production program, currencies, exchange rates and discounting methods.
- Estimation of fixed investment costs, production costs and working capital requirements.
- Discussion on project options (e.g. joint venture and expansion/rehabilitation projects, cost centres, cost allocation, inflation and escalation).
- Exercising and analyzing practical case studies with application of COMFAR.
- Analysis of finance required; definition of its structure and conditions (equity, long- and short term loans), income tax (tax conditions) and profit distribution.
- Financial analysis (schedules and charts) including. cash flow for financial planning, discounted cash flows, internal rate of return (IRR), net present value (NPV), normal and dynamic payback etc.
- Projection of financial statements and break-even, sensitivity and parametric analysis.
- Presentation of more sophisticated features of COMFAR III Expert.
- The workshop will be conducted in English. The duration of the workshop is one week; Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 15:15 p.m. Additional time will be allocated each
day for individual work and practice from 15:30 p.m. to 17:00 p.m. Arrangement of subjects and timing will be adjusted to meet the specific needs of the participants.
- As participation in each workshop is limited to 12 persons, please reserve your place as soon as possible. Each participant will work at one PC. Personal laptops may be utilized.
- The registration fee for the workshop is EURO 1,200.- including 1 stand alone license of COMFAR III EXPERT software. Participants registering for 2 workshops (beginners and intermediate) pay registration fee of EURO 2,000.-, including 1 stand alone license of COMFAR III EXPERT
software. Travel, accommodation and meals are NOT included in the registration fee and have to be covered and arranged by participants directly. A list of the closest hotels to UNIDO HQ’ s will be forwarded together with the invoice..
- In case entry visa to Austria is required, participants are strongly advised to check on time relevant regulations with the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in their countries, in order to avoid unnecessary administrative procedures. In case of any difficulties, UNIDO will send an official
invitation letter to assist in obtaining the entry visa to Austria from the Austrian Embassy or Consulate. However, UNIDO will only issue an official invitation letter for visa application after receipt of payment of the workshop fee.
- To register the registration form needs to be completed and returned to UNIDO by e-mail or fax (+431 26026 6807). Payments should be made immediately upon receipt of the invoice by either bank transfer or credit card. Detailed information on the bank account is provided together with the invoice. Registration is also possible on the COMFAR Homepage www.unido.org/comfar.
Please note that participation in the workshop will only be confirmed after receipt of payment. UNIDO reserves the right to pre-qualify participants.