2022 Nov. 05 05:30 AM
2022 Nov. 05 08:30 AM
UNIDO and the Ministry of Commerce of China
China International Import Expo Fifth Hongqiao International Economic Forum
China International Import Expo (CIIE) is one of the leading international events organized annually by the Government of China. It aims at supporting further access to its market and increasing imports. The fifth CIIE will be held from 5 to 10 November 2022 in Shanghai.
UNIDO is hosting a Virtual Exhibition booth to showcase the organization’s expertise and achievements in four areas:
- • Industrial parks and special economic zones
- • Sustainable food systems
- • Sustainable energy solutions
- • Digital transformation
The virtual UNIDO Exhibition presents its extensive expertise in supporting Member States with the development, operationalization and implementation of industrial parks. The Exhibition also highlights UNIDO’s industrial specialization in digital technologies of the fourth industrial revolution. Digital technologies are changing agribusiness and the food system and enabling the access to affordable and just energy transition.
The Hongqiao Economic Forum, an integral part of the CIIE serves as a high-level platform that promotes dialogue among political, business and academic communities on matters related to global cooperation for sustainable development around the world.
UNIDO and the Ministry of Commerce of China are jointly organizing the Parallel Session of the 5th Hongqiao International Economic Forum, titled “Accelerating inclusive and sustainable industrialization through South-South cooperation – exploring the role of industrial parks & special economic zones”, in hybrid format on 5 November 2022..
The event will, within the South-south cooperation framework:
- • showcase experiences and best practices from UNIDO and its partners, and
- • foster global alliances and partnerships for the development of environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive competitive industrial parks and special economic zones within the framework of South-South cooperation.
- • Facilitate dialogue, exchange of experiences and best practices on innovative ways to implement industrial parks and special economic zones initiatives to stimulate sustainable growth in developing countries.
- • Present a multi-stakeholder platform to promote a harmonized approach to advance the development of industrial parks and special economic zones across regions.
- • Highlight important emerging future trends that are shaping industrial parks and special economic zones, including the digital revolution, circular economy, urbanization, global value chains, and COVID-19.
- • Promote effective approaches for mobilization of investment flows, financial and non-financial resources to implement industrial parks.
Join the Parallel Session of the Fifth Hongqiao International Economic Forum: “Accelerating inclusive and sustainable industrialization through South-South cooperation – exploring the role of industrial parks & special economic zones” here.
UNIDO will also participate and contribute to a series of other events at the margins of the Fifth CIIE.
- • Climate Change and the Low Carbon Development Forum 2022 co-hosted by UNIDO and the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade.
- • The Fourth Industrial Revolution and Smart Mobility Forum co-hosted by the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) in Beijing and the CIIE Bureau.
- • Parallel Session of the Hongqiao Forum hosted by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China, showcasing solutions of how “Industrial Internet Enables the Manufacturing Industry to Achieve High-Quality Development”.
Be involved and we look forward to your participation at the Fifth China International Import Expo!