Vienna International Center
INTERNATIONAL EXPERT GROUP MEETING ON MERCURY WASTE MANAGEMENT
UNIDO will organize a first international expert group meeting on mercury waste management on the 10th and 11th of September, 2018. The event will take place in the Vienna International Center.
More than 40 participants from the private sector, member states, UN Organizations and academia are expected to participate in the debates.
The objectives of the meeting are, among others:
- Present the mercury waste management process from different perspectives.
- Establish a professional network among relevant companies and counterparts.
- Promotion of mercury and the more valuable waste streams, such as e-waste, in a combined industrial process.
- Update the cutting edge technologies on waste treatment.
- Understand the challenges that industry and member states currently face with respect to mercury wast management.
This activity will take place thanks to the financial support of the Government of Switzerland in cooperation with Nomura Kohsan (Japan).