Hall 1, Tavricheskiy Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia
International expert session at the Second Euroasian Women’s Forum in St Petersburg – “UNIDO: A Global Platform for the Development of Women's Entrepreneurship”
Summary of the UNIDO session at the 2nd Eurasian Women’s Forum
- Appointment of Veronika Peshkova as UNIDO Goodwill Ambassador
- “Women’s economic inclusion is absolutely crucial” – UNIDO at Second Eurasian Women’s Forum
The Second Eurasian Women's Forum will take place from 19–21 September 2018 in St. Petersburg, Russia, to discuss the role of women in contemporary society. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and OPORA Russia's Women's Entrepreneurship Development Committee are organizing an expert session on 20 September (9:30-11:30) under to topic: "UNIDO: A Global Platform for the Development of Women's Entrepreneurship”. The event is made possible with financial support from the Russian Federation and with organizational support from the Roscongress Foundation.
The session will feature the role of the UNIDO in scaling up women’s entrepreneurship development globally. Presenters will outline the three main levels of UNIDO’s activities aimed at supporting women’s entrepreneurship under the Organization’s mandate on inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID). The audience will learn how UNIDO creates an enabling environment for women’s economic empowerment, how it cooperates with business associations for capacity-building and investment promotion, as well as how it directly supports individual women engaged in business. The expert session will be illustrated by practical cases of UNIDO’s intervention. The following key questions will guide the discussion:
- How can UNIDO support women entrepreneurs in getting access to international markets, investments and technologies?
- What is the role of cooperation between UNIDO and business associations in supporting women’s entrepreneurship?
- Which conditions should be created by the state, the private sector and civil society to scale up the participation of women in ISID?
- How do certain UNIDO projects facilitate the promotion of women’s entrepreneurship?
Find out more about the Second Euroasian Women's Forum here
- Event Documents:
- Event Agenda
- Speakers Biographies
- Opening Speech of Ms. Fatou Haidara
- Welcoming speech of Ms. Gulnaz Kadyrova
- Opening Plenary - Speech of Ms. Fatou Haidara
- Closing Plenary - Speech of Mr. Jacek Cukrowski
- Presentation of Dr. Amany Asfour
- Presentation of Ms. Ellfi Klumpp
- Presentation of Ms. Monica Carco
- Presentation of Ms. Sanem Oktar
- Related past events:
- SPIEF 2017: UNIDO event at St. Petersburg International Economic Forum focuses on empowering women entrepreneurs in Europe and Arab region
- SPIEF 2018: Increasing the contribution of women to economic growth and prosperity was the focus of UNIDO event at St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2018