Partners & Champions
IDDA III Champions
UNIDO launched the IDDA III Champions initiative to promote the cause of ISID of Africa. The Champions leverage on their high-profile political leadership to assist UNIDO through advocacy and advisory functions. They actively promote Industrialization and mobilize broad public support at the country, regional, continental, and global levels.
The Champions leverage on media (local, regional, continental and global) to attract and direct the attention of various stakeholders (investors, development partners, academia, civil servants and civil society) to IDDA III activities. They participate in major country, REC, continental, and global-level activities aimed at mobilizing financial and diverse non-financial resources, needed to support industrialization in Africa.
Currently there are ten IDDA III Champions:
- H.E. Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa, President of the Republic of South Africa
- H.E. Mr. Uhuru Kenyatta, former President of the Republic of Kenya
- H.E. Mr. Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt
- H.E. Mr. Andry Rajoelina, President of the Republic of Madagascar
- H.E. Ms. Sahle-Work Zewde, President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- H.E. Mr. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana
- H.E. Mr. Macky Sall, President of the Republic of Senegal
- H.E. Mr. Alassane Ouattara, President of the Republic of Côte d 'Ivoire
- H.E. Mr. Évariste Ndayishimiye, President of the Republic of Burundi
- H.E. Mr. Muhammadu Buhari, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria