The Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Germany was established in 2017 based on an agreement between UNIDO and the German Federal Government. Its mandate is to foster mutually beneficiary industrial cooperation between enterprises in Germany and in developing countries and economies in transition, with focus on SMEs.
Services for potential investment partners and institutions:
- Assist enterprises from Germany and from developing countries in the identification, evaluation and negotiation of joint investment projects, including the organization of B2B meetings
- Organize/contribute to investment related events, B2B and B2G events, business missions to support match-making and promote investment opportunities from developing countries/countries with economies in transition
- Select and host delegates from Investment Promotion Agencies and other Business Development Organizations in developing countries for on-job training (Delegate Programme)
Promotion of sustainable technologies to potential beneficiaries:
- Provide information and advice to interested parties in Germany and in developing countries/economies in transition regarding opportunities for transfer of technology and knowhow
- Organize seminars/workshops and study tours to promote sustainable technologies to potential beneficiaries
Promotion of investment and technology promotion tools:
- Organize training workshops on UNIDO’s investment and technology promotion tools, appraisal methodologies and software (COMFAR) for ITPO stakeholders and clients
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG)
- Agentur für Wirtschaft und Entwicklung (AWE) (Agency for Economy & Development)
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1,
Telephone: +49 (0) 228-815-0550
For information on current activities, in German and English, please visit the official ITPO Germany website.