Industrial Development Report 2018
Industrial Development Report 2018. Demand for Manufacturing: Driving Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development.
The process of industrialization has typically been studied from a supply-side perspective, ignoring the importance of demand. The initiation of industrial development, however, requires a critical mass of demand for manufactures. With the right set of conditions, the consumption of manufactures can set in motion a virtuous circle of sustainable and inclusive industrial development comprising income creation, demand diversification and massification of consumption. This IDR examines in detail the core mechanisms behind this process and identifies the main challenges and opportunities that arise from them.
- Arabic - PDF / E-book
- Chinese - PDF / E-book
- English - PDF / E-book
- French - PDF / E-book
- Japanese - PDF / E-book
- Russian - PDF / E-book
- Spanish - PDF / E-book
The e-books can be opened on mobile devices and tablets with an EPUB file reader.
IDR 2018 Briefs
- IDR Brief No. 1 - Has manufacturing become more important or less?
- IDR Brief No. 2 - A new look at the role of demand in industrialization
- IDR Brief No. 3 - The domestic demand for manufacturing in a global economy
- IDR Brief No. 4 - Foreign demand: injecting new fuel in the virtuous circle of manufacturing consumption
IDR 2018 Background Papers
Take a look at the IDR 2018 Background Papers here.
IDR 2018 Launch Events
- November 2017 – UNIDO General Conference, Vienna, Austria
- March 2018 – 18th GDN Conference, New Delhi, India
- April 2018 – United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan
- June 2018– Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
- September 2018 – Beijing Normal University, China
- September 2018 – T20 Summit, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- September 2018 – Chamber of Commerce in Lima, Peru
- September 2018 – UNECA event in Rabat, Morocco
- November 2018 – Metropolitan Autonomous University in Mexico City, Mexico
- December 2018 – Africa Industrialization Day 2018 event in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Order No.: ID/448
Price: 40.00 Euro
For questions related to the Report, please contact: IDR2018@unido.org